A downloadable asset pack for Windows
This platforming engine contains everything you need to create your very own platforming game! This engine has an extensive amount of features and uses clean and commented code, allowing you to easily understand and modify it. Currently compatible with Game Maker Studio 2 only (latest version compatible with 2.3+). Requires at least some knowledge of GML to modify.
- Pixel-perfect collisions & movement
- Variable jump height based on player input
- Sprite squishing, stretching and skewing
- Double (or triple, quadruple etc.) jumping
- Jump input buffering
- Ledge forgiveness
- Jump-through platforms
- Moving platforms (vertical, horizontal and diagonal)
- Platforms with characteristics (ice, slime, bouncy etc.)
- Wall sliding
- Wall jumping
- Ledge grabbing
- Conveyor belts
- Climbable surfaces
- Interactive foliage
- Very efficient frag objects that interact with terrain
- Very fast and efficient collision detection
- Optional un-stucking
- Comprehensive debug mode
- Easy input handling
- Well commented, organized code
- Basic enemy
- Blocks that fall after you touch them
- Better slope handling
- Minor fixes and improvements
- Several camera modes (follow, predict, etc.)
- Animation state variable to easily get player animation state
- Minor fixes and improvements
- Improved comments
- Added throwable crates (you can also stand on them!)
- Added text beacons
- Fixed a rare bug to do with jumpthrough platforms
- Performance improvement
- Updated demo!
- Fixes to ensure compatibility with GameMaker Studio 2.3+
- Enemy path-finding
- 3D environment support (with 2d gameplay)
- Controller support
This product is licensed under the following terms:
- You are allowed to adapt this work for personal or commercial purposes.
- You are NOT allowed to redistribute this work or parts of it (adapted or left in its original state) as an open source product.
- You ARE allowed to redistribute this work or parts of it (adapted or left in its original state) if you ENSURE that your product is closed source and can NOT be reverse engineered.
- You MUST give credit if you use and redistribute this work. The following must be present within your product in an unobscured way (beit credits, title screen or other): "Rob van Saaze", "www.robvansaaze.nl" and "@robvansaaze". These are my name, website url and twitter handle respectively. Credit me for either "base platforming engine", "additional programming" or something similar.
- I can NOT be held liable for the consequences of using this work.
- I do NOT offer warranty for this product.
|Author||Rob van Saaze|
|Tags||2D, Project template|
In order to download this asset pack you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of 10.00€ EUR. You will get access to the following files:
Platforming_engine_robvansaaze_v1_1.yyz 125 kB
Platforming_engine_robvansaaze_v1_2.yyz 137 kB
Platforming_engine_robvansaaze_v1_3.yyz 151 kB
Platforming_engine_robvansaaze_v1_4.yyz 166 kB
Platforming_engine_robvansaaze_v1_5.yyz 130 kB
- Game Maker Studio 2.3!Sep 01, 2020
- Platforming Engine V1_4 is now out!Feb 16, 2020
- Platforming Engine v1_3 is now out!Feb 01, 2020
- Platforming Engine v1_2 is now out!Sep 28, 2019
StickyBugs and glitches